You Can Do This: Knowledge, Accountability, Persistence, Consistence, and Taking Action Now!
This can absolutely be a New Year for a New You! You can make 2014 your year to make positive changes to your lifestyle which will change your health and shape for the better! You can take action now to make yourself Feel, Look, and Move Better instantly and I guarantee it!
Health & Fitness Tips To Start the New Year Right:
1) Start some form of cardiovascular exercise (walking, biking, rowing, rollerblading, skating,swimming, jogging, hiking, basketball, tennis, soccer, etc.) a few times per week for at least 10-20 minutes or as much as you can safely handle.
2) Clean up your eating habits by getting rid of junky foods (pastries, fried foods, sodas, candy,chips, cookies, etc.) during the weekdays.
3) Plan to have a few cheat meals/snacks on the weekends ONLY and really try to stay clean during the weekdays.
4) Make sure your meal portions are in moderation too. Do not eat until full, only satisfied.
5) Add a few days per week, at 20-30 minutes each time, of resistance training (rubber bands, cables, isometrics, plyometrics, free weights, bodyweight exercises, stability ball, medicine ball, etc.) to your fitness routine.
6) Start stretching all of your muscles at least a few times per week.
7) Get at least 8 hours of sleep at night and try to get a nap for about 30 minutes each day.
8) De-Stress! Take time for yourself each day to focus on a healthy hobby like working on
old cars, gardening, golfing, hunting, etc.
9) Start communicating with family and friends better.
10) Stay positive and do not let negative things get you down.
11) Participate in more healthy outdoor activities and sports and less video games and TV.
12) Stop gossiping and start saying more kind words and building people up.
13) If you smoke…STOP.
14) If you drink alcohol, please do so safely and in moderation.
15) Enjoy the life God gave you and do not take things or people for granted!
16) Set healthy examples for your kids and the people around you.
17) Stop being lazy and making ridiculous excuses.
18) Stop procrastinating and make your health and well-being a priority.
19) Live, Laugh, and Love!
20) Be Thankful!
Following these tips will lead to success in the New Year. Making positive changes to our health sets good examples for everyone around us. A Healthy lifestyle leads to a better quality of life. We have to be Healthy in Spirit, Mind, and Body to make sure we have all of our bases covered!
Happy New Year to everyone, and good luck with your fitness resolutions.
*All of the exercise tips above should take only about 2-3 hours per week. The food changes will save you money and get your body healthier and feeling better. More sleep and rest at night and the nap will help you be more productive during your day!