Pittsylvania County Courthouse
• The interior of the courthouse has been restored with funding from the U.S. Department of the Interior through the Virginia Historic Commission.
• This courthouse was the site of a landmark decision in the case of Ex Parte Virginia which ruled that no one can be excluded from jury duty based on race. It is currently listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
1813 Clerk’s Office
• The 1813 clerk’s office has been beautifully restored by the Pittsylvania Historical Society with local funding and guidance from the Virginia Historical Landmarks Commission.
• One of the highlights of the clerk’s office is its small but intriguing museum, which houses many artifacts from the Civil War and the American Revolution.
• This splendid brick home, now Town Hall, was built by Judge James L. Tredway.
• Residents have created a beautiful, wooded park behind it at no cost to the town. The Chatham Lions Club has built a picnic shelter which is much used for family and civic gatherings.
• Each spring the Picnic-in-the-Park is held by the Chatham Garden Club. The azaleas and rhododendrons, as well as the flowerbeds, are gifts from the Chatham Beautification Committee, which also maintains them.