As 2023 comes to an end and the holiday season begins, it is easy to reflect on all the things we are grateful for. It is almost Thanksgiving, after all. I try to remind myself of my many blessings all the time, but it always seems to resonate more during this time of year. I don’t have the space to adequately list all the things I am grateful for, but I wanted to highlight some of them.
- My family: This one probably goes without saying, but I am incredibly grateful for my family. I was raised by two wonderful parents who are still an active part of my life. My wife, Blair, and I have shared a great life together for over 13 years, and we have the two most wonderful children: Kingston and Ava. They are both outstanding students and excel at many activities outside of school. I can’t forget my longtime cat, Marshall, either.
- My health: I am grateful for my good health. I can live a full and active life with no major health concerns. After spending the last couple of years getting my diet and exercise in order, I feel better than I have in many years.
- My friends: I am grateful for my many friends, some of which have been in my life for almost 30 years. We all lead busy lives now, but still find ways to get together.
- My career: I am grateful for my career. Between my ever-growing role with this company and this success we’re having, combined with being on City Council for the Comeback City, my work life has never been more exciting or fulfilling.
- My home: I am grateful for my home. It’s my safe haven and place of comfort to decompress after a long day.
- My freedom: I am grateful for my freedom. I truly thank God nearly every day for being fortunate enough to have been born in the United States, the greatest country the world has ever known.
I am thankful for these things and more. I am truly blessed. What are you thankful for?